MS-Access – Use the code to capture the running application

I need to run some code to capture the window of an application running on the Windows desktop (Windows XP is good here).

There is Many VB6 examples, but they tend to only capture the running VB6 application or desktop. I am looking for a solution to capture a given window/application. So, I want to be able to provide the name of the application window to capture.

A quick Bing search did produce some code examples, but they captured the desktop or the currently running VB6 application. I am willing to modify one of them to capture a given window (named application).

But before I do that, maybe someone has a link to a vb6 or VBA library code example that will capture/save the given named application window to a bmp or some type of image file on the hard drive.

Here is a link to a VB6 or VBA solution. I am willing to modify the existing example.

You may already know this, but the window is identified by a unique 4-byte long called window handle. Any code sample that takes a screenshot can execute any window: desktop, current application, or any active The running application. You only need to use the correct window handle.

Here are some building blocks:

> Find the window handle of the application based on the title or part of the title . Taken from Karl E Peterson’s excellent VB6 website. Or here’s a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that does the same thing. Edit or for a one-time job like yours, just by using a debugging tool (such as Spy++) or a free clone click The window can be found manually.
>This is the code for the desktop get a screen capture, from Steve McMahon’s excellent vbAccelerator. Just change the code so that it uses the window handle found in step 1, instead of GetDesktopWindow() returning The window handle.

I need to run some code to capture the window of the application running on the Windows desktop (Windows XP is good here).

There are many VB6 examples on the web, but they tend to only capture the running VB6 application or desktop. I am looking for a solution to capture a given window/application. So, I hope to be able to provide what I want to capture The name of the application window Said.

The quick Bing search did produce some code examples, but they captured the desktop or the currently running VB6 application. I am willing to modify one of them to capture a given window (named application).

But before I do that, maybe someone has a link to vb6 or VBA library code example that will capture/save the given named application window to bmp or some type on the hard drive Image file.

Here is a link to a VB6 or VBA solution. I am willing to modify the existing example.

You may This is already known, but the window is identified by a unique 4-byte long called window handle. Any code sample that takes a screenshot can execute any window: the desktop, the current application or any running application. You just need Use the correct window handle.

Here are some building blocks:

> Find the window handle of the application based on the title or part of the title. Taken from Karl E Peterson excellent VB6 website. Or here’s a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that does the same thing. Edit or for a one-time job like yours, just click on the window by using a debugging tool (such as Spy++) or free clone to find it manually. br>>This is the code for the desktop get a screen capture, from Steve McMahon’s excellent vbAccelerator. Just change the code to use the window handle found in step 1, instead of the window handle returned by GetDesktopWindow().

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.