VB.NET – Visual Studio 2010 debugger no longer stop error

I am developing a Windows application today, when my error is no longer displayed as usual. On the contrary, the debugger just jumped out of the method. The output window records exceptions, but does not display common The popup tracking.

It applies to other projects, I have used Dim i as Integer=”A” as the first line I try to raise an error, but it just exits the sub on that line .

Do you have any ideas how can I get back?

There is an error in the interaction between the debugger and the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Occurs during the Load event. Windows will catch and swallow the exception, and the debugger will never have a chance to detect that it is unhandled. The only thing you will see is the “First Chance” notification in the “Output” window. Load The event handler will terminate immediately and the program will keep running as if nothing happened, assuming it did not bypass the critical initialization code. This bug has been around for a long time and is well known to Microsoft, which is obviously difficult to solve. < p>

You can use “Project Properties”, “Compile” tab, scroll down, and “Advanced Compile Options” button to solve this error. Change the target CPU setting to “AnyCPU”. Capture it Another method is to use Debug Exceptions, check the Thrown checkbox on CLR Exceptions. Another solution is to put the initialization code in the constructor instead of OnLoad() or Load event. When you need to know the window You really need to load when it’s the actual size.

This error occurs only when debugging. It doesn’t happen on the user’s computer.

Update: I’m in this post This accident has expanded a lot.

I am developing a Windows application today, when my errors are no longer displayed as usual. Instead, the debugger is just Jumped out of the method. The output window records the exception, but does not display the commonly used pop-up trace.

It applies to other projects, I have used Dim i as Integer=”A” as the one I tried to raise the error The first line, but it just exits the sub on that line.

Any idea how can I get back?

There is an error in the interaction between the debugger and the 64-bit version of Windows 7. The error occurs in the Load event. Windows will catch and swallow the exception, The debugger will never have a chance to detect that it is unprocessed. The only thing you will see is the “First Chance” notification in the “Output” window. The Load event handler will terminate immediately and the program will keep running, just As if nothing happened, suppose it did not bypass the critical initialization code. This bug has existed for a long time and is well known by Microsoft, which is obviously difficult to solve.

You can use “Project Properties”, “Compile” tab, scroll down, “Advanced Compile Options” button to solve this error. Change the target CPU setting to “AnyCPU”. Another way to capture it is to use Debug Exceptions, check CLR The Thrown checkbox on Exceptions. Another solution is to put the initialization code in the constructor instead of OnLoad() or Load events. When you need to know the actual size of the window, you really need to load it.

This error occurs only when debugging. It does not occur on the user’s computer.

Update: I expanded a lot in this incident in this post.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.