VB.NET – How to add tool tips for each item in ComboBox

I have searched various solutions, but none of them gave me a direct answer or were not written in vb.net. But my situation is that I have a ComboBox, which contains some users can The selected item. I want to add a simple tooltip so that each user knows what he or she is selecting. However, the tooltip will not be displayed until the item is selected. I want the tooltip to show the mouse hovering over each item Time.

The following is my code:

Private Sub VotingAgentComboBox_MouseHover(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs ) Handles VotingAgentComboBox.MouseHover
Dim VotingAgentToolTip As New ToolTip
If VotingAgentComboBox.Text = "ISS" Then VotingAgentToolTip.SetToolTip(VotingAgentComboBox, "You selected ISS")
End Sub

< /div>

try this..
Add the tooltip control to your form, and write this code into DrawItem Event to the combo box control

and the drawmode attribute of combobox is set to OwnerDrawFixed

if (e.Index == -1) {return; }

Point p = new Point(ComboBox1.Location.X + 120, ComboBox1.Location.Y + ComboBox1.Height + (30 + e.Index * 10));

if ((e.State & DrawItemState.Selected) == DrawItemState.Selected)
{

toolTip.Show(ComboBox1.Items[e.Index].ToString(), this, p);

}

< br />
e.DrawBackground();

e.Graphics.DrawString(ComboBox1.Items[e.Index].ToString(), e.Font, Brushes.Black, new Point (e.Bounds.X, e.Bounds.Y));

I have searched for various solutions, but none of them gave me a direct answer or did not work vb .net written. But my situation is that I have a ComboBox with some items that the user can select. I want to add simple tooltips so that each user knows what he or she is selecting. However, before selecting an item, The tooltip will not be displayed. I want the tooltip to show the time when the mouse is hovering over each item.

The following is my code:

< pre>Private Sub VotingAgentComboBox_MouseHover(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles VotingAgentComboBox.MouseHover
Dim VotingAgentToolTip As New ToolTip
If VotingAgentComboBox.Text = “TISST” Then VotingAgentComboBox.Text = “TISST” Then VotingAgentComboBox.Text = “TISST” VotingAgentComboBox, “You selected ISS”)
End Sub

Try this..
Add the tooltip control to your form, And write this code into the DrawItem event to the combo box control

and the drawmode property of the combobox is set to OwnerDrawFixed

if (e.Index = = -1) {return; }

Point p = new Point(ComboBox1.Location.X + 120, ComboBox1.Location.Y + ComboBox1.Height + (30 + e.Index * 10));

if ((e.State & DrawItemState.Selected) == DrawItemState.Selected)
{

toolTip.Show( ComboBox1.Items[e.Index].ToString(), this, p);

}

e.DrawBackground();< br />
e.Graphics.DrawString(ComboBox1.Items[e.Index].ToString(), e.Font, Brushes.Black, new Point(e.Bounds.X, e.Bounds.Y)) ;

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.