Can VB.NET as a game engine?

I know VB.NET, I have been planning to create a simple 2D game engine. I have no problems creating such an engine and running actual games. However, I was told VB.NET Probably not the best choice for “work with graphics too much”. I want to know if this is true. Is VB.NET really unable to efficiently manage graphics loading on the screen at the same time? If not, what kind of software should I use to create this engine?
I find that people usually regard VB.NET as a low-level language, and mainly compare it with Visual Basic 6.0( Or earlier).

In the .NET world, VB.NET is a class of first-class citizens with verbose syntax. Especially because I might choose the verbosity of C#, if not C.

Nevertheless, you can still use VB.NET to handle any drawing library you want, and you can even use it with XNA and Managed DirectX. It can even be linked with unmanaged libraries, As long as you are willing to operate the required interoperability.

As for the effective management of the graphics on the screen, it really depends on how well you do it and how much you want to do. If someone can Well done in C#, then in addition to unsafe code, you can do well in VB.NET. Considering the vague description of “simple 2D game engine”, this approach is too general, but the possibility exceeds Probably.

Now, managed code is quickly catching up with unmanaged code. Although it is not perfect, it is indeed very good.

I know VB.NET, I have been planning to create a simple 2D game engine. I have no problems creating such an engine and running actual games. However, I was told that VB.NET may not be the best choice for “working too much with graphics” .I want to know if this is true. Is VB.NET really unable to efficiently manage the loading of graphics on the screen at the same time? If not, what kind of software should I use to create this engine?

I found that people usually regard VB.NET as a low-level language and mainly associate it with Visual Basic 6.0 (or earlier).

< /p>

In the .NET world, VB.NET is a class of first-class citizens with verbose syntax. Especially because I might choose the verbosity of C#, if there is no C.

Nevertheless, You can still use VB.NET to handle any drawing library you want, and even use it with XNA and Managed DirectX. It can even be linked with unmanaged libraries, as long as you are willing to operate on the required interoperability. Yes.

As for the effective management of graphics on the screen, it actually depends on how well you do it and how much you want to do. If someone can do well in C#, then in addition to unsafe code In addition, you can do well in VB.NET. Considering the vague description of “simple 2D game engine”, this approach is too general, but the possibilities are more than possible.

Now, hosting The code is quickly catching up with unmanaged code. Although it is not perfect, it is indeed very good.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.