VB6 – in Visual Basic 6.0: Create an array of dynamic controls

I want to copy a control on my form,
using a user control, which has the same name and added “new”.
(Label1 —-> newLabel1)

This is my code snippet:

Private Sub CreateLabel(ByRef lblControl As Control)

'lblControl-this is the control i would like to duplicate

'The reference to the new created control itself so i can work with it within this sub.
Dim newControl As Control

Set newControl = Form1.Controls.Add _
("Project.Project1", "new" & lblControl.Name, lblControl.Container)
< br /> newControl.Visible = True

End Sub

If I want to copy an unindexed control, it works well
However, I cannot copy the array Because lblControl.Name just takes its name, not its index, and replaces the name with the index name (lblControl.Name&”(“lblControl.Index& “)” really does not work..

In addition, creating a control and changing its index value after creation does not work.

So my question is, how to create an array using the above method?

If the control is already a control array, use Load to create a new instance of the control.

Assuming you will index There is a label lblControl when set to 0 (making it a control array), and you will add another instance of it using the following code.

Load lblLabelInControlArray(1) '1 is the Index value that will be sued
Set newControl = lblLabelInControlArray(1)

Obviously you will want to track The index you use, because VB6 does allow gaps, it will be confusing when you load and unload them.

I want to copy a control on my form ,
Use a user control, which has the same name and added “new”.
(Label1 —-> newLabel1)

This is my code snippet:

p>

Private Sub CreateLabel(ByRef lblControl As Control)

'lblControl-this is the control i would like to duplicate

< br />'The reference to the new created control itself so i can work with it within this sub.

Set newControl = Form1.Controls.Add _
("Project.Project1", "new" & lblControl.Name, lblControl.Container)

newControl.Visible = True

End Sub

If I want to copy an unindexed control, it works well
However, I cannot copy the control in the array because lblControl.Name just takes its name, not its index, and uses the index name Replacing the name (lblControl.Name&”(“lblControl.Index& “)” really does not work..

In addition, creating a control and changing its index value after creation does not work.

< p> So my question is, how to use The above method creates an array?

If the control is already a control array, use Load to create a new instance of the control.

Assuming you are designing There is a label lblControl when the index is set to 0 (making it a control array), and you will add another instance of it with the following code.

Load lblLabelInControlArray(1) '1 is the Index value that will be sued
Set newControl = lblLabelInControlArray(1)

Obviously you will want to track the index you use, because VB6 does allow Gaps, so it can be confusing when you load and unload them.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.